Vertical Blinds Aftercare
Look after your Vertical Blinds by following the straightforward operating and cleaning instructions below:
WARNING: In the interest of safety, it is advisable to keep all pull cords and chain/bead cords out of the reach of children.
- The side chain operates the angle of the louvers.
- The cord opens and closes the blind.
- Pull gently on either to create your desired effect.
- Occasionally, one of the louvers may look out of alignment; if this is the case then pull the chain until all the louvers are back in alignment again. (Whilst aligning you may experience some resistance until the misaligned louver is back in place.)
- If the side chain connector reaches the head rail, preventing louver rotation, simply pull the control chain in the opposite direction until the connector is at the bottom of the loop.
- From time-to-time use a silicon based furniture polish inside the head rail to ensure the louver’s glide smoothly.
- Before removing the louver’s from the head rail, unclip the chain at the bottom of the louver and slide out the weights.
- To unhook the louver’s, hold the top of the louver, tilt at 45 degrees to the hook and pull the clip out of the hook.
- Remove the plastic hangers in the top of the louver and lay the louver’s separately on a flat surface and, using a mild detergent, clean each louver by wiping from top to bottom with a slightly damp soft cloth. Don’t press too hard and don’t rub the louver.
- Hang the louver’s until completely dry. They should not be hung in direct sunlight.
- Replace the weights while the blind is drying.
- DO NOT TUMBLE DRY. DO NOT IRON.
- Replace the top hangers, hang the louver’s on the track and replace weights and chains.