Look after your Curtains by following the straightforward operating instructions below:
All fabrics will adjust to the environment and environmental changes in which they have been hung. We recommend an allowance of +3% for possible movement after drapes have been hung on site.
WARNING: Do not wash in domestic washing machine.
HOW TO CARE FOR FABRICS
1. Curtains should be lined when subjected to strong sunshine. Lining improves the appearance and ensures longer life of curtains.
2. Entrust the cleaning of your furnishings only to reputable dry cleaners or laundries who specialise in home furnishings.
3. Be tolerant of small fluctuations in lengths of curtains. Fabrics are never completely stable. They breathe and absorb moisture, reacting to atmosphere changes, resulting in stretching or shrinking.
4. If dust is allowed to accumulate in curtains, it will shorten the life span. Regular vacuuming with the appropriate attachment will overcome this.
5. It is reasonable to expect about 3% movement in curtains. This would amount to about 9cm in a 3 metre long curtain, depending on the fabric involved. A good safeguard is to simply tack the base hem and leave the curtain hanging for approximately 3 months before making any adjustments.
CARE LABEL NO. 1
For use on velvet, silk & speciality fabrics. Remove hooks, rings & trims before cleaning. Regularly gently vacuum with appropriate attachment. Do not wash. Do not iron. Dry clean only (P50). Protect against sunlight with lining or other shading devices. Possible shrinkage 3%.
CARE LABEL NO. 2
For use on printed or dyed cotton and linen fabrics which may not be dry cleaned. Remove hooks, rings & trims before cleaning. Regularly gently vacuum with appropriate attachment. Do not dry clean. Do not bleach. Warm hand wash. Do not rub or wring. Do not tumble dry. Drip dry in shade. For best results hang curtains by their hooks to dry. Use warm iron lengthways. Protect against sunlight with lining or other shading devices. Possible shrinkage 3%.
CARE LABEL NO. 3
For polyester fabrics and/or polyester blends. Woven or knitted. Remove hooks, rings & trims before cleaning. Regularly gently vacuum with appropriate attachment. Do not bleach. Do not rub or wring. Warm hand wash. Drip dry in shade. For best results immediately re-hang curtains to dry whilst damp. Warm iron if needed. Dry cleanable (P50). Possible shrinkage 3%.